Postpartum doula services
As a professionally trained postpartum doula, we support the family after birth, usually at home. A postpartum doula is there to help a new family in those first days and weeks after bringing a new baby home. Research shows that moms, dads and babies have an easier time with this transition if a good support team is in place.
As a postpartum doula we offer:
- Education and support without prejudice during the fourth quarter of life,
- We share information based on evidence and support for breastfeeding,
- Assistance with newborn care, such as changing diapers, bathing, feeding and comforting
- Simple techniques to calm your baby,
- Support the mother of how to feed her baby
- Help with emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Cleaning the home so that mom does not feel so overwhelmed
- Doing errands
- Preparation of light meals
- References to local resources, such as classes for parents, pediatricians, breastfeeding support and support groups
This is where the help of a postpartum doula may be the answer these parents are looking for. Postpartum Doulas help families who are bringing home a new baby, either by birth or adoption.
Gentle Mothering aims to improve perinatal outcomes in WNC through our services, community education and Birth Justice advocacy. Since doulas can improve maternal health outcomes, we believe every woman who wants a doula deserves a doula, regardless of ability to pay. Contact us to find out more about our payment options:
• Payment Plans
• Sliding-Scale Fees
• One-to-One Program: free doula services to qualifying low-income families
What is a “sliding-scale”? Sliding-scale pricing allows those who can pay the full price of doula services to do so, which allows us to offer our support to families at lower prices, when necessary, as determined by their income. Sliding-scale can also be combined with payment plans.